Guidelines to follow while importing used car to Antigua And Barbuda :-
Shipping Ports :-
Port for importation of used vehicles in Antigua and Barbuda is St. John’s port.
Right-Hand Drive vehicles :-
The country permits importation of right-hand drive vehicles.
Age Restriction :-
Importation of used and recondition vehicles older than five years in Antigua and Barbuda is prohibited.
Required Documents :-
- Import license from Ministry of Trade
- Refrigerant form from the National Ozone Office within the Ministry of Trade
- Commercial or Purchase Invoice
- Bill Of Lading (BOL)
- Environmental Levy Form
- Certificate of Title and Registration
- Insurance Policy & log book showing length of ownership
Duties and Taxes :-
The duties and taxes to be paid are determined by the applicable Tariff Code and the Customs Procedure Code (CPC).
- VAT-15% of the total value of the vehicle.
- Customs Duty- utmost 60% depending on the CIF of the vehicle.
- Environmental Levy imposed- $6000.
Returning Nationals :-
Nationals returning to Antigua and Barbuda who have been living abroad for ten years or more will be regarded as “returning nationals”, and are eligible for duty free importation of one vehicle, provided that the vehicle has been owned for at least two years. Consideration will be given to the special circumstances of the returning individuals and their probable contribution towards the nation building.
Returning nationals are also exempted from Antigua and Barbuda Sales Tax (ABST) charges on a vehicle which has been owned by them for at least a year prior to its importation and is used for personal purposes.