Process and Documentation to Import a Motor Vehicle into Suriname
Guidelines to follow while importing used vehicle to Suriname :-
Shipping Port :-
The most recommended port of importation is Paramaribo.
Age Restriction :-
- Used cars should not be more than 8 year old.
- Used buses should not be more than 15 years from the date of manufacture.
- No age restriction on importation of used trucks.
Right-Hand Drive :-
Right Hand Drive (RHD) vehicles are permitted to enter in Suriname.
Inspection on Vehicles :-
No specific inspection is required on import of used vehicles.
Documents required for custom clearance :-
- Bill Of Lading- It must reflect car’s maker and model, chassis & engine number, weight, cubic capacity, year of production.
- Original Commercial/Purchase Invoice.
- Certificate of Title and Registration – must be original.
- Circulation Permit.
- Drivers License & International Insurance Policy (green card).
- A copy of passport or ID-card.
- Insurance certificate for motor vehicle.
- CIF value less than $25,000, then tax rate of 25%
- CIF value greater than $25,000, then tax rate of 40%
Annual taxes for the vehicle depend upon weight. Delivery of the vehicle from port to residence cost approximately 125.00USD.