Are you looking for a shipping company offering a one stop shop to manage all aspects of your international move and overseas shipping service?
Trans Caribe Express Shippers, Inc. is bonded and insured and give you peace of mind for domestic or overseas moves. We offer inland trucking, removal, packing, crating and loading services at our New Jersey warehouse. Improper packing is a major concern when it comes to loss or damages.
Moving Overseas? Here are 4 packing tips on how to pack your household items to make your move stress free and items arrive safely.
- Pack household goods and personal effects yourself or by a reliable and professional moving crew.
- For full container loading for ocean freight moves, we can have the container delivered to your location.
- Deliver these items from your location for loading at our warehouse or you can call ahead to schedule a pick up.
- Carefully unpack goods upon arrival at the final destination.
Basic Materials to use for packing:
- Every package should have at least 2 labels of the complete names and addresses of the sender as well as the consignee and use markers to clearly identify the content being placed in various boxes
- Labels must be applied smoothly and on a clean, flat surface.
- Place heavier and studier items to the bottom of the package or barrel.
- Seal package with quality packaging tape and do not use rope or masking tape.
- Use strong packaging tape for the bottom of corrugated boxes to prevent opening when lifted.
- Always used strong quality cartons and barrels to pack fragile items and use individually packing paper or bubble wrap.
- Always cushion delicate items and use fillers for protection with newspapers, plastics or bubble wraps.
- Do not ship dangerous goods or flammable items without declaring them to Trans Caribe.
- Any packages containing food items should be placed in a separate package from detergents, soaps, perfume, etc.,
- Use masking tape to seal the caps of all bottles and containers to avoid opening during transit.
Various household goods will have to be handled in different ways to ensure they are secured, correctly packed and can be moved easily.
Here are some pointers to pack commonly found household items:
- Check the device manuals for all appliances for any special instructions
- For electronic with glass screens, double pack electronics safely to avoid breakage.
- Unplug all electronics and unplug refrigerators 24 hrs prior to loading as they need to drain of excess water and ice.
- The inner table in a microwave oven will need to be taped so it doesn’t move and break the glass door
- Place fragile china and ceramics in bubble wrap
- Wrap glass containers and sharp objects with extra packaging
- Wrap and tightly bundle utensils and cutlery before putting in boxes
- To prevent breaking and chipping, place newspaper between dinnerware
- Vases and glass pieces should be double wrapped in paper and bubble wrap
- To prevent chipping, fully cover edges of small furniture products
- You can use bed sheets to prevent scratches and protect surfaces.
- Protect the surface of small furniture as they may be double stacked in the move.
Other Household Items
- Jumbo bags can be used to pack apparel and footwear.
- Place packaging paper between multiple photo frames
- Pack books in multiple, strong, small corrugated boxes and don’t over pack books in large boxes because they are heavy.
- Consider using wardrobe boxes with hangers are available for sale at our warehouse.
- Fine art, pianos, and musical instruments all have unique requirements for packing and shipping, so we recommend insuring these items before you ship.
- To make the moving process easier and to organize your good before shipping, please disclose any important information about your concerns.
Don’t have time to pack freight yourself?
We offer affordable packing services to our clients who may not have the time to pack themselves. Request a free, no hassle quote for your overseas move by calling (973) 676-8625 or email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
packing tips, Transcaribe, transcaribe, Trans Caribe, trans caribe, transcaribe shippers, trans caribe express, trans carib, transcarib, transcaribe freight, trans caribe freight, caribe express, ship to jamaica, ship to kingston, ship to montego bay, ship to puerto rico, ship to belize, ship to suriname, ship to st croix, ship to st lucia, ship to st martin, ship to virgin islands, ship to trinidad, ship to tobago, ship to barbados, ship to dominica, ship to pananma, ship to the dominican republic, shipping to the caribbean, new jersey, nj, freight, movers, moving company, ocean freight, sea freight, cargo, freight forwarding, freight forwarders, freight handling, freight handler, east orange, 163 tremont ave, orange, west orange, union, elizabeth, rahway, edison, ocean, red bank, paterson, princeton, south brunswick, north brunswick, willingboro, irvington, maplewood, paterson, asbury park, trenton, new brunswick, east brunswick, englewood, teaneck, paramus, pennsylvania, pa, new york, ny, brooklyn, bronx,queens, nyc, connecticut, maine, me, boston, nantucket, cape cod, hyannis, new hampshire, nh, massachusettes, ma, florida, fl, miami, fort lauderdale, pembroke pines, miami, atlanta, georgia, ga, caribe trans, caribetrans, econocaribe, econo caribe, laparkan, dennis shipping, caribbean shipping, caribbean shipping, south america, central america, usa, america, caribe shipping, trans continental shipping, transcontinental shipping, sea shipping, sea cargo, fcl, ftl, lcl, ltl, lcl freight, transit, calculate, track shipping, tropical shipping, international shipping, worldwide shipping, overseas shipping, ship barrels, ship car, ship boat, ship automobiles, ship vehicles, cheap shipping, economy shipping, safe shipping, cargo rate quote, CFS, bonded, warehouse,transportation, export, ship container, ship barrels, barrel, carton, box, drum, crate, online booking,international, global, logistics, shipping barrels, boxes, crate shipping to the caribbean islands, ocean freight, shipping service, door-to-door service, air freight