Guidelines to follow while importing used car in Saint Kitts and Nevis :-
Shipping Ports :-
Port for shipment of used vehicle is Basseterre in Saint Kitts and Long Point in Nevis.
Right-hand drive vehicles :-
Importation of vehicles with the steering wheel on the right side is allowed.
Documents required for port clearance :-
- Bill Of Lading (BOL)
- Bill of Sight
- Import License
- Commercial/ Purchase Invoice
- Copy of Title
Import duty and taxes :-
Import Duty- 45%
Customs Service Charge-12%
Vehicle Environmental Levy (VEL) is based on the aged of vehicle.
- Less than 2 years – $1000 E.C.
- 2 years or more but less than four years after the date of manufacture -$3500 E.C.
- 4 years or more after the date of manufacture – $5000 E.C.
Returning Nationals :-
- Citizen of Saint Kitts and Nevis should have lived abroad for a period of 10 years or more and has return to the nation permanently.
- Concession given only on one vehicle imported within a family.
- Importer should have owned the vehicle for at least a year before importation and should have a copy of the title from the country of origin.
- Age of applicant should be 18 years and should posses a valid driving license in the country of origin.
- Vehicle clearance within six months from Customs after arrival in the nation.
- Importer should not transfer the vehicle ownership within four years of the grant of concession.
- To be considered as a returning resident, returning national should during first three years of return, must not return abroad and reside there continuous period of more than 3 months.
- Returning students who have been living in abroad for less than ten should provide some college/university documentation as a proof to the Customs Officer. Concession is given at the discretion of the Comptroller of Customs.